Minutes

 
 

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF ABERDYFI COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD IN THE OFFICE IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER, LITERARY INSTITUTE, ABERDYFI ON MONDAY,

24th APRIL 2017

 

Present were :-                       Cllr B Lloyd    Chairman        

 

Councillors :-                         G Pugh

                                           D Owen

                                           B Bates

                                          D Williams                                                                       

AGENDA ITEM 1- APOLOGIES

CL/173/24.04.17

Apologies received from Cllrs.        M Richards, D Richardson, C Fowles, G Davies, G Jones &

M Reynolds

 AGENDA ITEM 2 – CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS

CL/174/24.04.17

Cllr Lloyd reflected on a sad meeting in that a number of councillors were retiring and thanked Cllrs Richardson, Bates, Davies and Fowles. He made particular mention regarding Cllrs Richardson and Bates, who between them had served the community for 56 years. He informed the meeting that he had organised farewell drinks at the Penhelig Arms on Tuesday 16th May, after the AA&I AGM.

Cllr Lloyd read an e-mail from Brian Kelly thanking Council for all their work, with particular mention to those who were retiring.

Cllr Lloyd informed the meeting that BT had promised a refund of two months line rental as compensation for their disruption of the Council’s phone and broadband connections over December and January.

Nomination forms for the forthcoming elections are with the Clerk and they are required to be completed and submitted by Tuesday 4th April.

The next Council meeting, because of the Easter Bank Holiday, will be held on 24th April.

AGENDA ITEM 3 – ORDINARY MEETING 20th MARCH

CL/175/24.04.17

It was agreed that the minutes were a true and accurate record of the ordinary meeting.

PROPOSED by Cllr Owen and SECONDED by Cllr Bates

 

AGENDA ITEM 4  - MATTERS ARISING

CL/176/24.04.17

CL/71/(19.09.16) Public toilets

The Clerk has received e-mails from Louis Hiatt regarding his certification and experience regarding toilet maintenance, and details of the cleaning timetable for 2017.

The special Council meeting of 3rd April, attended by Cllrs Lloyd, Owen, Bates, Reynolds and Williams decided by a majority vote not to pay the charges requested by Gwynedd to guarantee that the public toilets in the village will definitely be kept open for this year. The Clerk wrote accordingly to Gwynedd, copied to Dilwyn Williams, Gwynedd CEO. It was felt that Gwynedd tactics were bullying and unacceptable given the lack of any response to this Council’s correspondence from last Autumn.

On receipt of our latest letter, Gwynedd have requested a meeting in Caernarfon, attended by the Clerk and Cllrs Owen, and Lloyd to commence negotiations. Date to be confirmed.

One issue of concern was the TUPE liability situation but has been cleared up with Gwynedd confirming that there would be no liability if this Council was to take over the toilets in question. Cllr Owen had become aware of many concerns in the village regarding the threat of toilet closure. Cllr Pugh enquired whether many councils were adopting the same position as Aberdyfi. Cllr Owen confirmed that a number of Councils were in the same boat. Cllr Williams asked whether the plan was now to not to act in haste, but play a calculated waiting game. Cllr Lloyd concurred.

CL/102/(21.11.16)  Aberdyfi car park

The Nantiesin car park, after receipt of Clerk’s correspondence was attended by contractors from Anglesey, who carried out rudimentary and poor work on the vegetation and weeds. The white lines have still not been attended to, and neither has the main car park been attended to.

Cllr Lloyd also expressed frustration over the zigzag lines outside the old school building which should have been removed immediately after the school closure. CL/99/(21.11.16) School Building

The Clerk spoke on Wednesday last week with Huw Evans to update on the affordable housing project. With CCG last week and their architects are still working on the draft plans. It is felt that nothing will be confirmed until after the County elections.

CL/128/(21.11.16)  Storm drains

Still no news on the storm drains situation.

CL/149/(20.02.17)  Copperhill Street tree removal

The tree clearance is underway and should be finished this week (perhaps). The main threat to safety has been sorted and cleared.

CL/162/(20.03.17)  Tywyn Clerk liaison

The Clerk has spoken to Tywyn Clerk Bedwyr Gwilym to confirm that informal meetings will commence after the elections and external audit are complete.

-       CL/168/(20.03.17)  Harbour Committee meeting

Cllr Richardson pointed out to Barry Davies at the 28th February Harbour Consultative Committee meeting that the outer buoy had been cast adrift during Storm Doris. This matter was still outstanding according to Cllr Richardson’s e-mail of yesterday.

AGENDA ITEM 5 – CLERK’S LETTER OF APPOINTMENT

CL/176/20.04.17

The Clerk’s updated letter of appointment and terms of reference was discussed. The revised contractual content was agreed.

Council agreed with revisions unanimously

 

AGENDA ITEM 6 – JOHN ROBERT’S LETTER OF APPOINTMENT

CL/177/20.04.17

Cllr Lloyd informed the meeting that it was probable that this would be John Robert’s final year as internal auditor.

Council agreed John Robert’s appointment unanimously

 

AGENDA ITEM 7 – VILLAGE SIGNPOSTS

CL/178/20.04.17

The Clerk is going to pursue the matter, in the context of not being able to source someone locally to date. Clerk will report back at next meeting.

 

AGENDA ITEM 8 - GWYNEDD COUNCIL REPORT

CL/179/20.04.17

Nothing to report, but Cllr Bates noted that the railway bridge had been repointed and repaired after many years of waiting.

Cllr Pugh expressed concern over the car park ticket machines and the nuisance of the machines being unable to accept the new £1.00 coins. He suggested that contactless or swipe credit/debit cards would be a good idea. The Clerk reported that the problem is national, and that the new validators installation programme had the Neuadd Dyfi car park down for its new validator early June. He also informed the meeting that the idea of electronic card readers had been proposed by this Council four years earlier. Cllr Lloyd noted that the old coins are being taken out of circulation very rapidly and the situation is going to get worse.

AGENDA ITEM 9 - PLANNING  

Cl/180/20.04.17

NP5/50/L488A                  22 Copperhill Street, Aberdyfi

Erection of single storey side extension

APPLICATION

NP5/50/L507C                  44 Copperhill Street, Aberdyfi

Construction of two storey rear extension and decking

APPLICATION

AGENDA ITEM 10 – TREASURER’S  REPORT

CL/181/20.04.17

The Treasurer’s report for April was accepted and minuted as a true record

PROPOSED by Cllr Williams SECONDED by Cllr Owen

 

AGENDA ITEM 11 – COMMITTEE  REPORTS

CL/182/20.04.17

No Committee reports

AGENDA ITEM 12 – CORRESPONDENCE

CL/183/20.04.17

CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED

Community Health Council         Events calendar – older people’s mental health care

Gwynedd Footpaths                       Aberdyfi funds allocation for 2017 - £561.38

Cllr Richardson                               Letter of resignation from Aberdyfi Community Council

Houses of Parliament                   November event – UK Parliament Week

John Fairhurst                                Confirmation of funding help with Cae Argoed tree removal

Dovey Yacht Club                           GP14 Championships June/July 2017

Siemens                                            CCTV lease expiry advice

                                                            (The Clerk took the opportunity to update Council on the future of the CCTV, with one lease running out this August and the second in 2018. Cllr Owen suggested that AA&I should help the financing of any future installation)

Cllr Richards                                    e-mail reference to old Running Track

                                                            (The contents of Cllr Richards e-mail, and his ideas for clearing this area, were discussed at this point.

                                                            NRW would need to be involved and Cllr Williams felt that a clear fell would not be acceptable and that Council should tread very carefully and work with the conservation agencies, and NRW in particular, because acting otherwise would cause problems. It was agreed that a plan for its future was needed)

Snowdonia Nat. Park                    Local Development Plan

Gwynedd Highways                       e-mail Amanda Murray, details of toilet cleaning rosta

                                                            (A discussion followed regarding the operation and maintenance of the toilets. Cllr Lloyd felt that the initial standpoint with Gwynedd should be that they be pushed to maintain the status quo and continue running and maintain the toilets as a Gwynedd Council responsibility, particularly in the context of the revenues raised from the main car park)

Playsafety                                        e-mail advising of playground inspection

Channel 4                                         Village of the Year – invitation to be considered

One Voice Wales                             e-mail advising of error by Wales Audit Office reference Welsh language requirement in audit documentation

Gwynedd Council                           Invitation for a volunteer to serve as Community Council member on Gwynedd Standards Committee. Cllr Lloyd agreed to have his name submitted.

Merionydd Young Farmers          Thank you letter

Wales Air Ambulance                    Thank you letter Council

Snowdonia Nat. Park                    Town and Community Councils Evenings Schedule for June 2017

Dail Dysynni                                    Thank you letter

Cllr Reynolds                                   e-mail confirming that she would support the                     co-option of David Williams and James Bradbury-Willis as community councillors

JACS Ltd                                            Suppliers of village gateways – a means of helping reduce speeding in villages

 

AGENDA ITEM 13 - PUBLICATIONS

CL/184/20.04.17

None

 

AGENDA ITEM 14 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS

CL/185/20.04.17

Cllr Pugh asked about the half-finished post and rails at Neuadd Dyfi car park. Cllr Lloyd said that Tom Jones the contractor was awaiting rails to finish the project.

Cllr Pugh also noted that the blocked drain on Gwelfor Road has at last been sorted.

Cllr Pugh also mentioned the dog poo problem at Maenewydd, and that the new bins on the playground need addressing. The Clerk said that bin purchase might now come down to Aberdyfi Community council, as long as Gwynedd Council continue the emptying.

Cllr Owen had an e-mail regarding the seagulls roosting on the lamp post opposite the old Church House on Seaview Terrace. Apparently, Gwynedd had promised to install spikes on this post to see whether such an installation would alleviate the problem. Should we try to install spikes on the posts throughout the village. Discuss with Gwynedd. We need to circulate ‘don’t feed the gulls’ notices throughout the village.

Cllr Williams said that the Nantiesin rubbish bins are consistently overflowing and Bank Holidays pose a particular problem. Clerk to contact Gwynedd.

Cllr Williams explained to Council that he had submitted his nomination for the forthcoming election but had made a mistake on the form and his application was null and void. He confirmed that he was still wishing to remain on Council and Cllr Lloyd confirmed that he would be co-opted at the earliest opportunity assuming a vacancy opportunity arose.

Cllr Owen noted that the hedgerow problem on the main road below Philip Avenue is still causing a problem. The Clerk had spoken with Gwynedd Highways about this matter who were aware.

AGENDA ITEM 15 

CL/186/20.04.17    

ITEMS FOR PRESS RELEASE

·      GP14 Championships

·      Gasworks reserve

·      Wolverhampton Bike Ride

·      Commando Fun Run

 

The meeting closed at 8.30




This page is maintained directly by Aberdyfi Community Council. Aberdyfi.com are not responsible for the accuracy of content.
Page last updated: 18/05/2017


View all the news
Blood Donor Day
Aberdyfi Community Council 18/05/2017
7th June
read more
Commando fun Run
Aberdyfi Community Council 18/05/2017
Revised date
read more
Clerk's Holiday
Aberdyfi Community Council 18/05/2017
Council office closed
read more
 
     
               
Bookmark Aberdyfi.com with:  Delicious  Digg  reddit  StumbleUpon RSS

Home
| Location | Accommodation | Activities | Attractions | Going out | News | Events | Shops | Services | Weather & Webcams | Editor Login
Site credits | Privacy policy | Disclaimer | Terms & Conditions | Own a page
Website developed and sponsored by Saturn Innovation © Saturn Innovation Ltd 2008 - 2017